This national company are seeking a Service Supervisor to join their team to cover Bournemouth and South coast area. This role would suit someone who has a specialism in either CCTV, warden call or fire but that is also an experienced all round senior level engineer with plenty of knowledge within the industry. A fantastic step up for an engineer or move for someone seeking a similar role with another company.
The Role and Responsibilities
As lead engineer / supervisor you will be expected to carry out all engineering duties as follows;
- You will need a solid grounding in maintenance and service with accurate fault finding skills in order to achieve a high first time fix rate.
- As lead engineer you will expected to work closely with the service administrator and supervise and mentor other engineers and trainees.
- Complete appropriate administration documents and maintain accurate records.
- Meet customer targets and KPIs.
- Conduct the site based inspections / surveys as per schedule issued by the branch manager.
- Conduct scheduled engineer technical and health and safety audits, leading the team on health and safety best practice, as per schedule issued by the service manager.
- Supervise a team of allocated engineers. Be responsible for organising the team call out rota and ensuring cover for all shifts.
- Work closely with the service manager, report back to the service manager any concerns or issues. Prepare for monthly meetings to update the service manager of contract and team members’ performance.
- As part of a team provide technical / engineer support over the phone and attend site where required to assist lesser experienced engineers / trainees.
- Be able to take an objective view on problems and advise on the best solution to resolve problems which benefit the customer and company. Take ownership of problems, issues and KPIs and guide the team to resolving these issues.
- 5 years industry experience preferably having worked in the social housing market.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- A working knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas is desirable: warden call, fire alarm, large scale CCTV (IP & Analogue), door entry systems (GDX).
- Ideally you will have experience in maintaining and installing the following door entry and warden call equipment: BPT,GDX, Telefusion, Status, PAC, Paxton, Tynetec, Tunstall.
- Able to service and maintain a range of functional and digital door entry system.
Travel time and over time available