This national company in the Fire and Security industry continue to grow and are seeking a Project Manager to join them in the Midlands to oversee a range of projects. You will take ownership and full responsibility for a diverse range of contracts/projects, ranging from small (circa £10k) to the larger (+£1m) in value.
You must have the drive to ensure that each tasked project is delivered to the satisfaction of the client, on time, within budget, and at a profit. The role will require you to liaise with/report to the Contracts Manager and the Board of Directors. They work with public space, police and custodial suites and housing associations.
Projects are both Security and Fire and you would have worked on either discipline, or both, and be in a similar role or currently a Project Engineer looking for the next step.
The Role and Responsibilities
- You will be expected to take ownership of our projects and be actively involved in providing H&S CDM documents, programmes for work, contract meetings, interim valuations/claims for payment, final accounts, O&M manuals and the management of resource.
- To receive new projects, review and mobilise using best practice and with an understanding of key milestones and risks, produce a plan to mitigate the latter at every opportunity.
- To review the cost, sale and margin expectations of each project and formulate a plan to reduce cost, protect margin and increase profitability wherever practicable.
- To use, manage and, where required, enforce our terms and conditions for sub-contractors and specialist sub-contractors.
- To manage/consult and build a good working relationship with the client’s representatives, contract administrator, clerk of the works etc.) for the benefit of all parties.
- To technically review the systems installation checking that all areas of the specification have complied with and that the correct equipment has been ordered, delivered and installed.
- To carry out pre handover inspection of all systems and attend handover meetings as required.
- To review and ensure that Health and Safety policy and site-specific Health and Safety are being adhered to, reviewing the documentation and advising the Contracts Manager and Group H&S Manager of areas of concern.
- A minimum of 5 years’ project management experience within the electronic security industry or similar. Ideally you will also have a proven track record in delivering major projects for high security customers.
- Ideally previous technical experience in CCTV, access control, door entry, intruder and/or fire alarm systems.
- Prince 2 Foundation, BTEC level qualification or higher in project management and/or equivalent in consultancy.
- Self-motivated with excellent communications, planning and communications skills; the ability of take full ownership of all assigned projects.
- Work on own initiative but able to take direction. Excellent attendance and time keeping.
- Excellent record keeping. Able to develop a professional and friendly approach.
- Outgoing/confident personality with the ability to judge and adapt to live situations and build strong customer relationships.
Package includes company car